Aeration is one of the most important steps in creating and maintaining a healthy lawn. It allows for rejuvenation from excessive foot traffic and weather-related stress while improving soil health.
The process of aeration involves perforating the soil with small holes to allow water, air, and nutrients to reach the root layer. Thereby promoting deeper root growth and improves the overall quality of the turf.
By aerating your yard, you will optimize the results of all other lawn applications. You will see increased benefits from watering your lawn as well as reduced water runoff and pooling. Additionally, fertilizer, compost, and other lawn amendments will produce maximum outputs. The result will be a thick, vigorous, disease and weed resistant lawn.
To ensure optimal results, we recommend hiring a Stevenson Lawn Care expert to aerate your lawn in conjunction with our fertilizer and overseeding applications. This is the most effective way to achieve your ideal lawn.
Benefits of Aerating Your Lawn
- A healthy lawn that is more tolerant of heat and drought stress
- Optimal benefits from other lawn care applications such as watering, fertilizing, overseeding, compost topdressing
- Reduced soil compaction
- Thatch breakdown
- Maximized benefits of watering through making the lawn penetrable (additionally, reduced water runoff and pooling)
- Increased benefits of lawn fertilization by ensuring the fertilizer reaches the roots of your lawn
- Decreased need for herbicide
Timing is important. Call us today to get started!