Topdressing is the process of adding a thin layer of product to a surface. In our lawn care regimen, we utilize compost topdressing to improve soil structure.
Compost topdressing has numerous benefits. It encourages new root growth by providing a nutrient-rich medium for seed germination. Roots, in turn, aerate the soil, which helps to buffer against soil compaction. The amendment of compost increases the microorganism population of the soil. Microorganisms are a vital part of the soil ecosystem, promoting plant growth by helping to decompose organic matter, fix nitrogen, and suppress disease organisms.
Benefits of Compost Topdressing:
- Enhanced soil composition from the nutrients and organic matter present in compost
- Increased water-holding capacity of the soil as well as nutrient absorption
- Improved soil porosity and reduced soil density
- Accelerated thatch decomposition
- Increased microorganism activity
Compost topdressing produces maximum benefits when done as a routine lawn maintenance practice.
Call us today to get started!