Topdressing is the process of adding a thin layer of product to a surface. In our lawn care regimen, we utilize compost topdressing to improve soil structure.
Compost topdressing has numerous benefits. It encourages new root growth by providing a nutrient-rich medium for seed germination. Roots, in turn, aerate the soil, which alleviates soil compaction. The amendment of compost increases the microorganism population of the soil. Microorganisms are a vital part of the soil ecosystem, promoting plant growth by helping to decompose organic matter, fix nitrogen, and suppress disease organisms.
Benefits of Compost Topdressing:
- Enhanced soil composition from nutrients and organic matter present in compost
- Increased water-holding capacity of the soil
- Enhanced nutrient absorption
- Improved soil porosity
- Reduced soil density
- Accelerated thatch decomposition
- Increased microorganism activity
Incorporate compost topdressing into your routine lawn care for maximum benefits.
Call us today to get started!