Are you ready to take the next step as an arborist? Stevenson Tree Care has an opening for the right person to take on the responsibility of running a tree crew. Training the next generation of arborists is no small task. This role requires a balance of communication, experience, and passion for getting the job done well.
We have the equipment, crew, and customer base in place to set you up for success. Join our team if you have the drive and work ethic to grow your career in the arboriculture industry.
Please send a resume or description of relevant work experience to email@example.com. We will respond to applicants within 1 week.
Starting Pay: $22-30 per hour (depending on qualifications)
Full time: 40-45 hours/week
- Degree in Forestry, Environmental Science, Horticulture, Biology or related field, or 3 years relevant job experience
- ISA Certified Arborist, or ability to obtain certification within 1 year
- Valid driver’s license
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and assist crew members while performing general tree work
- Climb trees and/or operate an aerial lift to prune, remove, or brace trees
- Plant trees and shrubs, provide care instructions to customers
- Assist in cleanup of debris such as raking, dragging brush and feeding a chipper
- Prepare, operate, and maintain all tools and equipment used for tree services
- Demonstrate and teach proper techniques and best practices
- Communicate effectively with Tree Care Manager, office, and crew
- Perform accurate and timely record-keeping
- Have knowledge of and ability to identify local tree species
- Care for every customer’s property as if it were your own
- Able to work in varying weather conditions
- Able to regularly lift heavy objects up to 75 lbs
- Interested and able to work at heights up to 75 feet
- Able to manage stress in high-intensity situations
- Able to teach and lead a safe and efficient crew
- Committed to teaching and developing industry best practices
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
What We Offer
- Sick pay
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay, plus paid week off between Christmas and New Years
- Retirement plan with company match
- Minimal out of town work
- Reliable career path advancement
- Safe, professional work environment
- Opportunities for continuing education and industry certifications
Who We Are
Based in beautiful Decorah Iowa, Stevenson Tree Care has established itself as a regional leader in science-based tree care. Stevenson Tree Care was born out of a passion for science-based, professional tree care solutions and is centered around exceptional customer service. With two decades of experience in the tree care industry, Drew Stevenson (ISA Board Certified Master Arborist MW-4507B) has both the practical and theoretical knowledge to guide your career advancement.
At Stevenson Tree Care we celebrate our differences and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.