Do you sometimes (or a lot of times) prefer the company of plants over people? We’re searching for a plant protector to defend our community from insect infestation, fungal disease, and pathogens. It’s a daily battle and you will come home from work covered in dirt and sweat. But if you find satisfaction working in an outdoor environment, we encourage you to apply as the Plant Health Care Technician on our crew.
This role requires a balance of determination, technical know how, and a bit of a green thumb. We provide you with the tools, equipment, and training to work safely and effectively. Join our team if you have the drive and work ethic to grow in the arboriculture industry.
Who We Are
Stevenson Tree Care was born out of a passion for science-based, professional tree care solutions – centered around exceptional customer service. With two decades of experience in the tree care industry, Drew Stevenson has both the practical and theoretical knowledge to guide your career advancement.
At Stevenson Tree care we celebrate our differences and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.
- Diagnose insect, disease, and environmental conditions
- Evaluate and recommend treatment options
- Ensure proper preparation and application of treatments
- Spray, inject, and apply fertilizer, insecticides, fungicides, and growth regulator
- Learn specifics of insect and disease life cycles, plant biology, and soil biology
- Perform accurate and timely record-keeping
- Assist tree and lawn crews as needed
- Commitment to learning industry best practices
- Team oriented, coachable, and willing to learn new skills
- Willingness to work outdoors in a range of weather conditions
- Ability to meet physical demands of outdoor tree work
- Obtain a valid pesticide applicator license within 3 months
- Capable of regularly lifting heavy objects up to 75 lbs
- Valid driver’s license
- Degree in Botany, Biology, Arboriculture, Horticulture or related field
- Related tree, plant, or landscape work experience
- Current Iowa pesticide applicator license
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
What We Offer
- Starting pay: $15-$20 (depending on qualifications)
- Full time: 40-45 hours/week
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off
- Paid medical leave
- Minimal out of town work
- Reliable career path advancement
- Safe, professional work environment
- Opportunities for continuing education and industry certifications
Based in beautiful Decorah Iowa, Stevenson Tree Care has established itself as a regional leader in science-based tree care. Decorah is an attractive location for outdoor enthusiasts, with spring fed creeks for fishing, abundant public land for hunting, and the scenic Upper Iowa River.
Please send a resume or description of relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will respond to applicants within 1 week