Stevenson Tree Care has immediate openings in the field of landscape and grounds maintenance, as Plant Health Care / Lawn Care Technicians. We are committed to the highest standard of tree, shrub, and lawn care.
Our operation is based in beautiful NE Iowa, which is an excellent place to live, work, and play! Located in the driftless region there is an abundance of outdoor adventure to be had including hiking, biking, hunting, and fishing. Here you will live in a community that is always striving to improve the lives of its citizens.
You’re the person we’re looking for if you’re kind, conscientious, and trustworthy. We are seeking someone that knows the importance of being a positive leader and wants to learn. You have high standards and can be described as a team player, are excited to delight clients, and love being in a fast-paced, outdoor environment.
If you are looking to work with an awesome, growing team in the tree and lawn care industry, this is the place for you to take your career to the next level! Apply and come grow with us.
PHC Tech performs fertilization and integrated pest management on trees, shrubs, and lawns using spray and injection tools. Customer service is a key element of the position, as well as routing, product mixing, and application. Turf, weed, tree, and shrub ID; pathology; and knowledge of turf or tree physiology are valuable but not required. We will train.
- Diagnose insect, disease, and cultural/environmental conditions
- Evaluate and recommend treatment options
- Ensure proper filling/mixing procedures and material dilution are followed
- Understand and operate state-of-the-art equipment
- Learn/understand insect and disease life cycles, plant biology, and soil biology
- Perform accurate and timely record-keeping
- Maintain a safe and controlled work environment
- Adhere to company, state, and local safety regulations
- Operate, calibrate, and maintain equipment
- Maintain open communication with consulting Arborists and clients to provide feedback on plant health care issues
- Application of all lawn services
- Application of any tree and shrub treatments as needed
- Monitor and diagnose turf issues
- Recognizing PHC issues on customer properties
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. office, tree & landscape duties)
- Two or four year degree in Forestry, Urban Forestry, Horticulture, arboriculture, or related discipline and/or a minimum of three years of field/industry experience
- Ability to identify local tree species and knowledge of growth rates
- Enthusiastic about what you do and the ability to work extra hours when needed
- Knowledge of common trees and shrubs
- ISA Certified Arborist a plus as is related experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Leadership experience and a desire for career growth will be given a priority
- Valid driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, drive, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, talk, see and perform repetitive motions. Continuous long hours spent walking, standing, bending, kneeling.
- Will need to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle as incumbents are subject to daily local travel to and from work locations. Operate aerial lift trucks, brush/log chippers, power saws, hand tools, rope and saddle, rigging equipment, and more. Work at heights of up to 60-75 feet while operating a chain saw and other tools.
- Ability to traverse on rough, uneven terrain, as well as wet and slippery surfaces.
- Work outside year-round in all types of weather. Frequent exposure to equipment noise, fumes, dust, explosive materials, herbicides, and insecticides.
- Full time position, 40-45 hours/week
- $15-$20 per hour
- Holiday and PTO
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid company training – we promote from within
- Fun and safe work environment
Stevenson Tree Care is an equal opportunity employer/affirmative action employer.