Stevenson Tree Care is looking for a Lawn Care Technician/Foreman to join our highly educated team of lawn and tree care professionals. We are committed to the highest standard of tree, shrub, and lawn care. Our operation is based in beautiful NE Iowa, which is an excellent place to live, work, and play! Located in the driftless region there is an abundance of outdoor adventure to be had including hiking, biking, hunting, and fishing. Here you will live in a community that is always striving to improve the lives of its citizens.
You’re the person we’re looking for if you’re kind, conscientious, and trustworthy. We are seeking someone that knows the importance of being a positive leader and has the drive to finish jobs safely and on time. You have high standards and can be described as a team player, are excited to delight clients, and love being in a fast-paced, outdoor environment.
If you are an experienced lawn care manager, who has excellent communication skills, and attention to detail this is the place for you to take your career to the next level! Apply and come grow with us.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly understand all aspects of lawn care
- Able to operate equipment, including: truck with trailer, spreader, sprayer, loader, backpack sprayer
- Apply fertilizer and herbicide
- Perform general equipment maintenance
- Ensure client needs are met in a professional and time efficient manner
- Communicate with existing residential and commercial clients
- Bid new residential and commercial lawn care work
- Schedule accepted bids
- Track and maintain inventory
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, drive, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, talk, see and perform repetitive motions. Continuous long hours spent walking, standing, bending, kneeling.
- Will need to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle as incumbents are subject to daily local travel to and from work locations. Operate aerial lift trucks, brush/log chippers, power saws, hand tools, rope and saddle, rigging equipment, and more. Work at heights of up to 60-75 feet while operating a chain saw and other tools.
- Ability to traverse on rough, uneven terrain, as well as wet and slippery surfaces.
- Work outside year-round in all types of weather. Frequent exposure to equipment noise, fumes, dust, explosive materials, herbicides, and insecticides.
- 3-5 years experience in the lawn care industry OR 2-4 year degree in Horticulture, Turfgrass Management, Natural Resource Management, or Forestry
- Valid Iowa driver’s license
- You consider yourself kind, conscientious, and trustworthy
- Ability to obtain Iowa pesticide applicator license
- Full time position, 40-45 hours/week
- $15-$20 per hour
- Holiday and PTO
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid company training – we promote from within
- Fun and safe work environment
Stevenson Tree Care is an equal opportunity employer/affirmative action employer.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.