Stevenson Tree Care is looking for an Horticulturist/ Landscape Technician/Foreman to join our highly educated staff of tree and lawn care professionals. We are committed to the highest standard of tree, shrub, and lawn care. Our operation is based in beautiful NE Iowa, which is an excellent place to live, work, and play! Located in the driftless region there is an abundance of outdoor adventure to be had including hiking, biking, hunting, and fishing. Here you will live in a community that is always striving to improve the lives of its citizens.
You’re the person we’re looking for if you’re kind, conscientious, and trustworthy. We are seeking someone that knows the importance of being a positive leader and wants to learn. You have high standards and can be described as a team player, are excited to delight clients, and love being in a fast-paced, outdoor environment.
If you are looking to work with a great and growing team in the tree and lawn care industry, this is the place for you to take your career to the next level! Apply and come grow with us.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct, organize, and oversee all aspects of tree and shrub planting projects to ensure quality and timely completion of work site requirements.
- Communicate with and provide exceptional customer service to property owners in the absence of supervisor.
- Identify problems at the work site and follow through appropriately, consulting with the supervisor as appropriate.
- Ensure daily preparation of trucks and equipment, including the loading and securing of equipment, plant, and hardscape material needed.
- Perform planting of trees and shrubs, installation of wood mulch, fertilizer and weed control applications for lawn, as well as grading, preparation, and planting of turf grass.
- Perform all tasks involved in installation such as digging, shoveling, raking, sweeping, pruning, watering, picking stones, and clearing of debris.
- Perform other tasks including stump filling (lawn grading and seeding), lawn aeration and compost topdressing, and air spading.
- Operate equipment such as trucks, loaders, trailers.
- Use hand tools such as wheelbarrows, shovels, rakes, picks, brooms, etc.
- Ensure daily maintenance of tools and equipment (cleaning, sharpening, greasing, fueling, etc.).
- Ensure team’s compliance with company safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Ability to direct and lead employees of various skill level and experience to ensure the desired end result.
- Applied knowledge of effective landscaping skills and techniques.
- Ability to read and analyze or interpret work orders and planting plans.
- Ability to problem-solve and quickly identify solutions.
- Knowledge of trees, shrubs, and other landscape products.
- Complete required paperwork thoroughly and accurately, documenting all information as listed on daily work orders.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, drive, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, talk, see and perform repetitive motions. Continuous long hours spent walking, standing, bending, kneeling.
- Will need to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle as incumbents are subject to daily local travel to and from work locations. Operate brush/log chippers, power saws, hand tools, rigging equipment, and more.
- Ability to traverse on rough, uneven terrain, as well as wet and slippery surfaces.
- Work outside year-round in all types of weather. Frequent exposure to equipment noise, fumes, dust, explosive materials, herbicides and insecticides.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record (CDL a plus)
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 or 4 year degree in Horticulture, Forestry, Arboriculture, or Natural Resource Management preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A minimum of 2-3 years of landscape construction and tree care or forestry experience is required
- Previous foreman or crew leader experience is preferred
- Previous equipment operating experience (trencher, excavator, loader, bobcat, skid steer or other equipment used in landscape installation) is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of related experience, education, and training that is sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job may be considered
- You consider yourself kind, conscientious, and trustworthy
- Full time position, 40-45 hours/week
- $15-$20 per hour
- Holiday and PTO
- Paid training/continuing education
- Fun and safe work environment
Stevenson Tree Care is an equal opportunity employer/affirmative action employer.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.