Stevenson Tree Care is looking for an Arborist Trainee to join our highly educated team of tree and lawn care professionals. We are committed to the highest standard of tree, shrub, and lawn care. Our operation is based in beautiful NE Iowa, which is an excellent place to live, work, and play! Located in the driftless region there is an abundance of outdoor adventure to be had including hiking, biking, hunting, and fishing. Here you will live in a community that is always striving to improve the lives of its citizens.
You’re the person we’re looking for if you’re kind, conscientious, and trustworthy. We are seeking someone that knows the importance of being a positive leader and wants to learn. You have high standards and can be described as a team player, are excited to delight clients, and love being in a fast-paced, outdoor environment.
If you are looking to work with a great and growing team in the tree care industry, this is the place for you to take your career to the next level! Apply and come grow with us.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn to properly plant and care for trees and shrubs
- Learn to operate an aerial lift and climb trees!
- Operate as a member of a tree crew while progressively learning new skills
- Learn to perform all aspects of tree planting, tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully for clients
- Learn tree identification
- Prune, thin, and remove deadwood throughout the tree canopy
- Learn how to install cables and bracing systems
- Assist in removal of hazardous tree
- Properly maintain, prepare, and operate all tools and equipment including airspade, chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts, and more
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, drive, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, talk, see and perform repetitive motions. Continuous long hours spent walking, standing, bending, kneeling.
- Will need to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle as incumbents are subject to daily local travel to and from work locations. Operate aerial lift trucks, brush/log chippers, power saws, hand tools, rope and saddle, rigging equipment, and more. Work at heights of up to 60-75 feet while operating a chain saw and other tools.
- Ability to traverse on rough, uneven terrain, as well as wet and slippery surfaces.
- Work outside year-round in all types of weather. Frequent exposure to equipment noise, fumes, dust, explosive materials, herbicides, and insecticides.
- 2 or 4 year degree in Forestry, Urban Forestry, Horticulture, Arboriculture, or a related discipline preferred
- Must have great listening skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years old at time of hire
- Valid Iowa driver’s license with a clean driving record (CDL a plus)
- Ability to display good judgment in unforeseen situations such as inclement weather, pedestrian traffic, and equipment malfunction
- Must be team-oriented with high standards, is coachable, and wants to grow
- You consider yourself kind, conscientious, and trustworthy
- No experience required, we will train
- Full time position, 40-45 hours/week
- $14-$16 per hour
- Holiday and PTO
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid company training – we promote from within
- Fun and safe work environment
Stevenson Tree Care is an equal opportunity employer/affirmative action employer.