Stevenson Tree Care is looking for an Arborist Assistant/Groundsperson to join our highly educated team of tree and lawn care professionals. We are committed to the highest standard of tree, shrub, and lawn care. Our operation is based in beautiful NE Iowa, which is an excellent place to live, work, and play! Located in the driftless region there is an abundance of outdoor adventure to be had including hiking, biking, hunting, and fishing. Here you will live in a community that is always striving to improve the lives of its citizens.
You’re the person we’re looking for if you’re kind, conscientious, and trustworthy. We are seeking someone that knows the importance of being a positive leader and wants to learn. You have high standards and can be described as a team player, are excited to delight clients, and love being in a fast-paced, outdoor environment.
If you are looking to work with a great and growing team in the tree care industry, this is the place for you to take your career to the next level! Apply and come grow with us.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate proper job setup, including: proper use of cones, signs, and barricades to create a safe work site
- Demonstrate safe and effective cleanup strategies with proper lifting techniques and utilization of necessary tools
- Use handsaws, pole saws, chainsaws, shovels, rakes, rigging devices, and related equipment
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills and operate in a manner that coincides with the company’s mission statement and values
- Operate and maintain company vehicles and equipment safely – report any major repairs to the manager
- Keep work area neat and orderly – must leave a customer’s property the way it was found or in better condition
- Learn our culture and always deliver on it to yourself, your team mates, and clients
- Drive trucks with trailers, operate chippers, loaders, etc
- Agree to do the best job you can at everything you do
- Demonstrate and foster an environment of safe work practices – report safety issues promptly to appropriate staff
- Maintain a positive attitude with internal and external customers
- Perform other related work as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, drive, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, talk, see and perform repetitive motions. Continuous long hours spent walking, standing, bending, kneeling.
- Will need to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle as incumbents are subject to daily local travel to and from work locations. Operate aerial lift trucks, brush/log chippers, power saws, hand tools, rope and saddle, rigging equipment, and more. Work at heights of up to 60-75 feet while operating a chain saw and other tools.
- Ability to traverse on rough, uneven terrain, as well as wet and slippery surfaces.
- Work outside year-round in all types of weather. Frequent exposure to equipment noise, fumes, dust, explosive materials, herbicides, and insecticides.
- Must have great listening skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years old at time of hire
- 2 or 4 year degree in Horticulture, Forestry, Arboriculture, or Natural Resource Management preferred
- Valid Iowa driver’s license with a clean driving record (CDL a plus)
- Ability to display good judgment in unforeseen situations such as inclement weather, pedestrian traffic, and equipment malfunction
- Must be team-oriented with high standards, is coachable, and wants to grow
- You consider yourself kind, conscientious, and trustworthy
- No experience required, we will train
- Full time position, 40-45 hours/week
- $14-$16 per hour
- Holiday and PTO
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid company training – we promote from within
- Fun and safe work environment
Stevenson Tree Care is an equal opportunity employer/affirmative action employer.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.